Surgital Rustic Egg Tagliatelle
Surgital Rustic Egg Tagliatelle, Red pepper and Tomato Coulis, with Toasted Pine nuts and Basil
- 400g (16 nests) Tagliatelle
- 120g Fire Roasted Peppers
- 300g Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Diced onion
- 2 Chopped garlic Cloves
- 50g Toasted Pine nuts
- 120g shaved parmesan
- 12 Basil leaves
- Sauté half the onion and 1 of the cloves of garlic until golden brown, add the tomatoes and 4 basil leaves and slowly cook down until soft. Blend the mixture and season to taste.
- In a separate pan sauté the remaining onion and garlic adding the fire roasted red peppers, again cook these down until soft then blend and season to taste. Keep both of these mixtures warm.
- Cook the tagliatelle in plenty of boiling salted water, when ready drain and you are ready to plate up.
- Pour some of the Tomato and pepper coulis on to each plate and then top with the tagliatelle garnishing with the toasted pine nuts, basil and shaved parmesan.
An original recipe by Phil Clark, Harvest Fine Foods Development Chef.