Duck Confit with Tomato Butter Beans
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 red pepper
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 400g butter beans
- 2 confit duck legs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the confit duck legs in to frying pan and crisp up the duck skin, place the duck legs into a hot oven and cook for about 20mins.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a sauté pan and fry the onion for 3–4 minutes, until just softened. Add the garlic and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes, then stir in the tomato purée and cook for another minute.
- When the duck is cooked, place the butter beans mix into a bowl, place the confit leg on top and finish with herb oil.