The power of a colourful salad | Tuna Steaks
- 2 Tuna Steaks
- 200g new potatoes unpeeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caper, rinsed
- 25g semi dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Toss the potatoes with 2 tsp oil and some seasoning. Tip onto a large baking tray, then roast for 20 mins, stirring halfway, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put eggs in a small pan of water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 8-10 mins, depending on how you like them cooked. Then plunge into a bowl.
- Heat a sauté pan and sear your tuna steak quickly, 1-2 mins each side.
- Next in a large salad bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, red wine vinegar, capers and chopped tomatoes. Then season, tip in the onion, spinach, and potatoes, then gently toss together. Top with the eggs, and the tuna then serve straight away.